September 26, 2008

Halloween Fever.....


Oh yeah, it's autumn and that means Halloween! I've been a busy little bee making my Halloween wreath and decorating....I just couldn't resist.


I'll be in SC for the holiday so I have to decorate in CA early enough to be able to enjoy it for a few weeks before I leave for the east coast. I have been storing up nuts (not really, just bargain items to make my halloween decorations) and my nest is full. Remember the Victory gardens that people planted during the war, well because we are in a recession and money is tight, this is my thrifty, Victory wreath!

After finding the last group of crows at the Dollar Tree Store for $1.00 (duh!), I couldn't rest until I made my wreath for the front door. I purchased a grapevine wreath from Michael's Craft Store, on sale for $1.99! After scurrying over to Walmart to purchase flat black spray paint, only .97 cents a can, I hurried on home to get to work. I sprayed the grapevine wreath with several coats of the paint until it was a nice shade of black (my favorite color!)



The berries in the wreath came from my "Mock Orange" bushes in the front yard. Lastly, the flowers and leaves in the wreath are from my old summer silk flowers that were ready for the recycle bin (but they still had one more season as the dead, painted black flowers adorning the wreath!) After painting almost everything in site, I heated up my trusty hot glue gun and set to work creating....and the rest as they say is history.

The wreath turned out great...I JUST LOVE IT! (stay tuned....more pictures to follow....the decorating has only just begun!)

Well, I'm adding another picture today (October 14th) because the berries that I used (from the Mock Orange bushes in my yard) for my wreath have all opened up to expose their seeds! The wreath looks even better than the day I made it!



...

No comments: